Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Hummus

Dear Readers

Sorry to have been absconding from a few days. Busy with my kids’ school activities. But last evening I took time out to make my husband’s favorite snack... Hummus with Pita bread. All homemade and easy and quick to fix (of course if you've planned a little ahead and have some soaked chickpeas on hand). There are a lot of different ways people make hummus and honestly I won't say there is any one classic way. So let me share my recipe of this classic dish and hopefully you will find it interesting.




Cook Time: 5 mins
Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients:

250 gm soaked chickpeas (Boil and peel it for extra creamy hummus)
3 tbsp hung curd
1 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp tahini (I use homemade tahini, will upload recipe soon, but store bought is just fine)
Salt to taste
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Method:

Blend all the ingredients together till it forms a creamy paste. Garnish with paprika and extra virgin olive oil.

Serve it fresh homemade pita bread (recipe coming soon) and enjoy your evening.

Happy Cooking
Ms. J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...