Saturday, August 25, 2018

Chicken Banjara Kabab

My Dear Readers

Firstly sorry for not writing for a few days. Was really busy with work and school. My kids' school I mean. Honestly I feel as if I go to school too. I guess that's what being hands on parents means... or maybe I am just the helicopter parent. Scary!

Anyways, the recipe I'm sharing today is a classic chicken banjara kabab. as always I've changed and refined it over years but it's great dish equally popular with kids and adults. My 7 year old loves them.

I hope you try it and if you're entertaining you must make it once at least. Your guests will make you serve it again and again. (You can make these kababs in a grill pan or in the oven)




Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Yields: 4 servings

Ingredients

500 gms boneless chicken breast (Diced into 2*2 pieces)
2 tbsp greek yogurt
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp red chlli powder
1/4 tsp orange food color
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp tandoori masala powder
1 tbsp coriander chopped
1 tbsp mint leaves thinly chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt to taste


Method:

Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and red chili powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes.

Roast the sesame and cumin seeds in a sauce pan, allow to cool and then grind to make a smooth flavored powder. In a bowl take greek yogurt. Add the seed powder and the rest of the ingredients along with the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Take it out and let it rest for at least 15 mins before grilling.

(On a grill pan)

Heat grill pan. Arrange the chicken pieces on the skewers. Grill it over slow heat for about 7-10 mins on each side or until tender.

(In the oven)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange the chicken pieces on the greased skewers, oil them and grill for 30 minutes until chicken turns into nice brown in color.

Serve hot with spicy coriander or mint chutney.

Happy Cooking
Ms. J





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...