Thursday, December 12, 2019

Tawa Chicken

My Dear Readers

I've been away for a long time now. Apologies. We've moved around a bit and relocated. As I settled down, the first thing I wanted to do was to get to writing the recipes I've made in the past few months. Loads of interesting stuff. And yes easy as well. I've missed you all and hope I can be more regular in writing from now on.

So today I bring to you my Chicken Tawa recipe. (I don't have the fancy pictures because it was all eaten up before I had a chance to serve it properly, but go ahead and garnish it) It's easy peasy and lip smacking delicious. What more it takes so little time to cook and serve, your family would be delighted and even though it's called Tawa chicken, you could use your choice of vessel to make it. So let's get going.






Ingredients:

1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Green chillies finely chopped
1 medium sized tomato chopped
2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasturi Methi)
1 tsp Coriander powder
Salt to taste
1/2 Kg Boneless Chicken, cut into small cubes (Thigh or Breast)
1 tbsp Yogurt
1/2 Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Butter

Method:

Heat a flat pan (tawa) and add oil. Once hot add the ginger garlic paste and chilies and saute it for a couple mins. Once the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste goes away then add the tomatoes and saute again for a few mins. 

After the tomatoes cook a bit, add in the chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder, salt, fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Mix it well and add in the chicken. Keep roasting it and after a few mins add in the yogurt. After this, cover it with a lid and let it cook for about 10 mins on medium heat or till the chicken gets tender.

Once the chicken is cooked and gets soft, open the lid and add the lemon juice. Keep stirring till the water evaporates after which add the butter and and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan or rotis.


Happy Cooking
Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...