Saturday, December 14, 2019

Simple Easy Pancakes

Dear Readers

It's Saturday morning and kids are home. So I thought of making something different for breakfast. Pancakes. Mine is a very quick and easy recipe. I've been using it for ages now. Even the ingredient list is tiny and very accessible. All things that you'd find in your pantry or refrigerator. Yes. some recipes do call for buttermilk but I often find myself using milk. Personal preference. I feel it's more breakfasty to use milk. We all have our quirks!

So here it is. Try it out this weekend serve it with whatever you have on hand: butter, maple syrup, honey, chocolate sauce, nutella (my daughter's favorite),  I promise you won't regret.





Prep Time: 05 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Yields: About 20 mini pancakes

Ingredients:

1 cup All-purpose flour
2 tbsp. Sugar
2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 1/4 cup Milk 
3 tbsp. Melted butter
1 Egg
Vegetable oil for brushing pan

Method:

In large bowl, mix the dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a measuring cup whisk together milk,  butter and egg. Add this mixture to the dry mix and just stir until combined. DO not over mix this mixture. 

Heat a lightly oiled pan medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1 tbsp for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Happy Cooking 
Ms. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...