Friday, August 10, 2018

Soya Ginger Chicken Stir Fry

Dear Reader

So last night after I made the rich chicken tikka masala for my family, I wanted to go a little light on my tummy. But I was short on time as I like to sit with my kids and eat dinner. I knew I had to quickly stir up something... and in times like these my super quick Soy Ginger Chicken Stir Fry comes to my rescue.

It's a wholesome dish. Veggies, chicken and tons of lovely flavor. With very little ingredients it takes just a few mins to whip up and is so healthy that you'd be having this every night. I picked up this recipe a few years back just browsing through some cook books and over these years I've played around a bit and made it suitable to my Indian palette.

Hope you guys enjoy it. Do let me know your reviews.







Prep Time       10 minutes
Cook Time      5 minutes
Yields              Serves 4


Ingredients

  • 2 Chicken Breasts (Cut into thin Strips)
  • 2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp of Chopped Ginger
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic, grated
  • 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar (Optional)
  • 1 tsp of Toasted Sesame Oil
  • 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
  • Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
  • I medium onion, diced
  • I capsicum, diced

  • Method:

    • In a bowl whisk together soya sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, sesame oil and lemon juice. Add the chicken strips, mix it around to make sure it’s all well coated, cover and let it sit while you chop your veggies. (In my refrigirator one would always find some marinated chicken breast in ginger garlic paste ready. It's always a good idea to have that handy as it makes any chicken dish more tender and juicier).

      Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken. Takes a couple minutes for it to cook since it is thinly sliced. Add the onion and capsicum. Stir it for just a few seconds. Serve hot.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...