Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Banana Walnut Tea Cake

Dear Readers

Today's tea time called for a banana walnut cake. Primarily because I had some bananas which had become over ripe and I hate wasting food. I teach my kids the same thing. We have to be mindful of what Mother Earth has provided for us.

This tea cake is absolutely amazing and comes together in one bowl in less than ten minutes. (Not including the bake time) Believe me today's cake was made by my six year old daughter who loves baking. With a little help from adults, kids can make this cake easily. It's a good way to introduce kids to baking. I also believe teaching kids basic cooking, baking etc is a life skill we must make sure they come to learn and appreciate.

Enough of my philosophy. Let's get baking. The ingredients used here are very simple and I'm pretty sure are available easily in most homes.











Ingredients:

2 Medium Size Over Ripe Bananas
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Oil
3 Tbsp Yogurt
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
A pinch of Salt
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Walnuts


Method:

Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F. Grease  and dust a 9*5 loaf pan with butter and flour. In a bowl mash the bananas. Add the eggs and sugar and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients one at a time and combine well.

Do not over mix.

Bake in the oven at 350 deg F for 50 mins or till a skewer come out clean.

Enjoy with a cup of tea.

Happy Cooking
Ms. J





No comments:

Post a Comment

Easiest Bhindi Ever - 2 Ways

Dear Readers Today I decided to make a simple veg dish which is easy to cook and easy on the palette. Bhindi or Okra or Ladyfinger is one...